Student Travel Grants

Student Travel Grants

The Environmental Resources Engineering Department is happy to sponsor student travel to events, conferences and competitions. Each of the ERE clubs (ERESA, SWE, RESU, EWB and SHPE) has access to at least $400 per year in travel or supply support from the department.*

Requests should be made in memo format and addressed to the ERE department chair. Please also cc: the ERE department administrative support coordinator, Mary Jo Sweeters.  The memo should contain the following information:

  • Describe the event. Include the name, location, dates, affiliations with professional societies, etc.
  • Include a link to the event webpage, as applicable.
  • Describe any supplies that are needed.
  • List names and/or number of ERE students who will attend.
  • Provide a budget for the event or supplies.
  • Include the cost of travel, lodging and registration if travel funding is requested.
  • List other sources of funding that have been requested or will be requested, including the specific amount anticipated from each source.
  • List who the department chair should notify if the request is accepted by the ERE faculty

In order to be eligible for ERE travel support, students must:

  • be in good academic standing
  • not have been disciplined by the Dean of Students for academic issues in the last two years, and never disciplined for harassment or other inappropriate behavior.

Please only send one request per club per year.

*Please plan ahead, and submit your request for travel funding at least one month in advance of the trip. The department is only able to provide reimbursement for actual, receipted travel expenses incurred by individuals, and those individuals must have pre-trip travel forms completed 3 weeks prior to travel to ensure post-trip reimbursement.  Once department funding has been approved, the Engineering Department's Administrative Support Coordinator, Mary Jo Sweeters, can provide information on--and help with--the required travel paperwork.

How to Apply

So environmental resources engineering sounds interesting, but you are still not sure if Humboldt is right for you? Explore what Humboldt has to offer to both freshman and transfer students.


For paperwork and forms such as major and minor contracts, course planning guides, semester schedules, course rotations, office hours and more, visit our forms page!